In this guide, we will show you How to Download and Install osu! for Mac.
osu! for Mac
Osu! is a rhythm game and was originally released for Microsoft Windows on September 16, 2007. It is a highly engaging, fun, and addictive game. The game’s design was created for Microsoft and mobile users. However, now, for Mac users, there is an official version of the app that everyone can enjoy. With the Mac version of the app, users of the game can enjoy the game and carry out all the spinning, holding, sliding, and tapping activities right on their MacBook.
However, the macOS version of the game is experimental and largely unstable, and some users have complained about the game not booting or starting at all. For this reason, there is a way to get the app to work on Mac without issues. Check out the steps below:
How to Download osu for Mac
- Visit here to Download the app in .zip format.
- Unzip it using a file extractor to access the app folder.
- Right-click on the folder and choose “Open”. If you double-left-click, the app might not open like a regular Mac app. But when you right-click and select open the app will run automatically.
- The app will be directly installed to osu!.app. When you move osu!.app, all the folders in it will be moved along with it. If you want to view the content in a package, right-click and click on “Show Package Contents”.
- After completing the installer, the game will start immediately.
- You will get a prompt to register an account or sign in to your account.
How to get osu on Mac (Alternative Method)
- To make things easier, you can Download osu! for Mac using an emulator.
- Download BlueStacks Emulator from the official website and install it.
- Launch BlueStacks and log into your Google account.
- Open the Google Play Store and search for the “Osu! app”.
- Click on the top search result and install the app.
- After the app has been successfully installed, you can launch it from the home screen of BlueStacks.