We’ll give you tips on How to Fix io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information Error on Minecraft. You can try the methods below to fix this error.
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information Error on Minecraft
With Minecraft having more than a hundred active players monthly, there are bound to be some common issues that require simple fixes. One of such issues is the “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception” error. Seeing this error displayed on your screen can be frustrating, but rather than get frustrated, read on to learn simple steps to fix this error.
Common causes of error
The “io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information” the error pops up due to a variety of reasons. Knowing what these reasons are will better point you in the right direction to fix the error more quickly. Let’s find out the things that trigger this error message below:
IP Address Problems
If you are trying to connect to a server and the IP address of the port is incorrect, the error message “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception” can get triggered. This is because you need a correct port IP address to send your connection to the Minecraft server. IP addresses are usually the same, and from time to time, multiple users might be connected using the same IP address. So, to prevent the error message “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception” from popping up, the IP address needs to change regularly.
Malfunctioning or Unstable Software
Sometimes, installing any and every software on your computer may conflict with your Minecraft game. When unstable software is in conflict with Minecraft, the abstract channel error will be displayed on the screen. You can stay ahead of this by checking the compatibility of all the software on your computer with your Minecraft game.
Windows Firewall & Firewall
When you have Windows Firewall turned on, they may block Minecraft servers; thus, making it impossible for you to connect to the server and this error message, io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception” will be displayed on your screen. VPNs to have the same effect because your servers will be changed and may prevent connection to the Host Server.
Outdated Java Software
For Java to work well when running your Minecraft game, JAVA must be up-to-date. So, it does not matter if you have an up-to-date application; as long as your JAVA software is outdated, there will be a conflict during operation. Conflicts like this lead to the error message, “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception” showing up on the screen. In a situation like this, updating the JAVA software may be the fix that you need.
Now that we have checked out the common reasons for “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception” error, let’s proceed to the various fixes for this error message.
How to Fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception
Before you apply any of these fixing techniques, it would be best if you rebooted your computer to refresh the operating system. Once you do that, proceed to try out these fixes to see which one will clear out the error message.
Method 1: Reset your internet router/modem
Your internet router may be the reason for the error message displaying on your screen. To fix this, turning off and turning on your router after some minutes may help reset your router. If that does not work, tweak your router settings and see if you set your router up afresh. In some cases, this simple fixed has fixed Minecraft server connection refused error for some users.
Method 2: Exclude Minecraft from your Firewall settings
Sometimes, it could be your Windows Firewall blocking the connection to the Minecraft server. In such a case, what you should do is to exclude Minecraft from the list of apps that your Windows Firewall is blocking. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open “Settings,” and then, “Update & Security”.
- In the left pane, scroll down to “Windows Security”.
- Click on “Firewall & Network Protection”.
- Locate and choose “Allow an app through Firewall”.
- Click on “Change Settings,” and then, on “Yes”.
- Click on “Allow another app” and then “Browse”. This will take you to the installation directory folder.
- Choose the launcher executable and repeat STEP 5 and STEP 6
- Open the “Maxwell” folder and choose the “Minecraft Server” folder.
- Allow the “Java executables” in the folder and repeat the process.
- Repeat STEP 4 and scroll down to the list of available apps instead of selecting “Allow an app through Firewall”.
- Allow the “Java Platform SE Binary”. Choose both “Public” and “Private” networks.
- Launch the Minecraft launcher to see if the error still pops up.
Method 3: Delete Incompatible Software
Some software does not work with Minecraft servers and thus, create a conflict that makes the error code “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception” display on the screen. If you have such software on your computer, the best thing is to delete them. To delete them, follow the steps below:
- Go to “Command prompt” and type in “ipconfig”.
- Take note of the addresses for the configuration with the name, Virtual Ethernet Connection with Hamachi.
- Navigate to the search panel and delete that configuration.
Method 4: Add the IP address and port number manually
Most internet providers offer dynamic IP addresses, that is, a constantly changing IP address instead of a static IP address. Most times, this connection error pops up as a result of a dynamic IP address and thus being unable to connect to the Minecraft server. Here is what you should do:
- Go to the search bar on Windows and type “Command Prompt”.
- Right-click on the search result and click on “Run as administrator”.
- Type “ipconfig” and note the “IPV4 Address”.
- Find the “Minecraft Servers folder” in the file explorer. In the folder, click on “Maxwell” and then “MinecraftServer” and then “Server Properties.txt”.
- Note the “Server Port” number and choose a server to join.
- Click on “Edit” and enter the “IPV4 Address” from STEP 3.
Check again to see if the error message has cleared.
Method 5: Use a good VPN connection
Sometimes the “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception” an error message may be displayed on your screen because Minecraft is not allowed in your region. Getting a trusted VPN (Recommended: ExpressVPN) application may help you connect to Minecraft servers. Just install a good VPN app and change your location.
The “io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception” error is one that impacts your experience with Minecraft, but you can easily fix it. Try using any of the above methods, and you will be able to connect to Minecraft servers again.
Leave a Reply