We’ll give you tips on How to Fix Razer Synapse Not Opening. You can try the methods below to fix this error.
Razer Synapse Not Opening
Razer Synapse is a centralised software used for the configuration of your system, enabling users to rebind controls and designate macros to any Razer peripherals with an automatic save of all settings to the cloud. It creates a very easy way of registering your product warranty and regularising/managing Properties associated with your products including eligibility for Razerstore promotions, giveaways, and several other complimentary packages. Just like every other software, Razer Synapse could come up with issues at any time and one of the most worrisome issues that come up with its users is the “Razer Synapse Not Opening” issue. This issue may arise as a result of a few errors which could be linked to:
- Razer device drivers
- Razer surround module
- Outdated Net Framework
- Third-party Antivirus protection/Firewall
How to Fix Razer Synapse Not Opening
The errors listed above are the most common defects that may come up with Razer’s functionality, there may be a few others, but those could be solved with a simple close and re-opening of Razer Synapse. However, the listed errors should be addressed with the solutions proffered accordingly to get full access to Razer Synapse on your device again. Since the Razer may not come on due to several reasons, try either of the troubleshooting options that best suits you or all if the prior doesn’t solve the problem.
Method 1: Reinstall Razer Synapse and its Device Drivers on your PC
If Razer synapse won’t open on your PC, the problem could be linked to your device drivers, and to solve this issue, you have to uninstall Razer and all its drivers on your PC and Reinstall. You can do this Manually (which will take a very long/tiring process) or automatically (using a third-party uninstaller). Uninstalling Razer Synapse with a third-party uninstaller removes all residual files, caches, and drivers connected to Razer.
- On your Windows screen, right-click the Start icon/button.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Double-click Human Interface Devices, Keyboards, and Mice and other pointing devices consecutively.
- Right-click Razer related devices listed in the categories you previously clicked on and select the uninstall option.
- Tick/Mark “Delete the driver software for this device”.
- Select the Uninstall button to complete this action.
- Disconnect all Razer devices from your PC for a while.
- Restart your system.
- Plugin the disconnected devices back.
- Download Razer Synapse and install.
This method will efficiently solve any problem related to Razer Synapse install drivers.
Method 2: Razer Surround Module
Razer may freeze or not open due to issues affecting the Surround Module, so if you disable/uninstall the affected module, the problem will be actively solved. If you have followed the uninstall and reinstallation steps above, then you can stop or cancel the installation of Razer surround after you log into your Razer Synapse account. To do this:
- Click on the Windows key and R simultaneously.
- Type in “appwiz.cpl” and select the option “OK”.
- Choose “Razer Surround” and select uninstall to disable it from your Windows PC.
- After disabling Razer Surround, try to reopen Razer. If this doesn’t work, try the next option.
Method 3: Outdated Net Framework
Razer Synapse, not opening could be a problem on your Windows if your Net framework is outdated and since Net Framework is a very essential system requirement for Razer Synapse, you should ensure it is installed on your System or up to date. To install the latest version of Razer Synapse, you can search for .Net Framework on your preferred browser and download the latest version.
Method 4: Third-Party Antivirus Protection/Firewall
Some third-party antivirus protection and firewall defenders may affect Razer Synapse functionality on your Windows PC. You can turn off firewall defenders and temporarily disable third-party antivirus. To turn off firewall utilities on your PC:
- Open Run.
- Type in “firewall.cpl” and select OK.
- Select the option “Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off”.
- Click on the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall and then, OK.
If the above options do not solve “Razer Not Opening” for you, try closing all Razer processes, to do this:
- Right-click Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- Select Razer processes and click on “End task”.
- Close the Task manager and run Razer Synapse as administrator.
Either of the above options should solve the problem with “Razer Synapse not Opening on your Windows device, However, if you still have the issue after using either or all of the above troubleshooting options, you should check for updates on your Windows using the Cortana search tool. Every option listed above should be followed with precision to get the best result.