In this article, you are going to find out how to uninstall Fortnite on Mac easily and effectively. Fortnite is one of the most popular online video games available to Windows Operating System, Android, iOS, macOS. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game has gained over a hundred million players since its creation in 2017, and the number keeps increasing.
Fortnite is an incredibly entertaining game that many Mac users have enjoyed for a long time. Still, many users have reported that the game uses up a lot of memory and resources on their MacBook computers. The game crashes and freezes often, and it is no longer enjoyable as it is supposed to be. For this reason, a lot of Mac users are looking for ways to uninstall the app and take it off their devices.
How to Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
First off, to download and play Fortnite on your MacBook, you need to have the Epic Game Launcher. Epic Game Launcher connects you to your Epic Games online app. Thus, to uninstall Fortnite from your MacBook, you cannot just remove the game from your Application folder or LaunchPad. When uninstalling Fortnite, you have to remove the setup file and all the large game residual files eating up all your memory storage space. So, let’s get to it. How do you uninstall Fortnite from Mac?
You can choose to leave Epic Game Launcher on your MacBook if you still intend to download other games from it. So, follow the steps below to remove Fortnite:
- Launch Epic Games Launcher on your MacBook.
- Navigate to “Library” and click on it.
- Select “Fortnite”.
- Click on the gear icon and click on “Uninstall”.
- A new window pops up, and here you will be asked to confirm that you want to uninstall Fortnite from your Mac. Click on “Uninstall” to confirm.
Once you do this, you have successfully removed Fortnite from your MacBook. You only need to look for all the associated files for the game so you can free up some memory space. To do this, you will need to scan your MacBook, especially the hidden (~)/Library folders.
Open a Finder Window and search for “Fortnite” using the search bar. The search results will show you all the folders containing that keyword. You can select from the search results and move them all to trash. Then follow the steps below to access the hidden (~)/Library folder:
- Open a Finder window and in the menu bar, click on “Go”.
- Select “Go to Folder” and type (~)/Library in the box.
- Click on “Go”, and the folder will open.
- After the folder is opened, type “Fortnite” in the search bar and click on “Library”.
- Send all folders related to the target app to the trash.
Before you delete any file or folder that you are not sure about, make a backup copy first. Or check some professional app cleaners out there and use one of them.